We all know how good a Hot Stone Massage can feel. The warmth of the stones helps to loosen up tight muscles and ease tension throughout the body. But have you ever tried a Hot Himalayan Salt Stone Massage?
While most people are familiar with the benefits of a Hot Stone Massage, it may be less commonly known how Himalayan Salt Stone Massage increases overall health and well-being. Himalayan Salt Stone Massage is gaining popularity and it’s not hard to see why when you consider the unique advantages of getting one.
Himalayan Salt Stone Massage is not only relaxing and rejuvenating, but it also has many health benefits including, lowering blood pressure, supporting a healthy respiratory system, enhancing circulation, relieving anxiety and tension, treating insomnia, promoting normal blood sugar levels, improving muscle recovery and preventing muscle cramps, and boosting bone health. The salt stones are hand-carved and give gentle exfoliation to the skin during the massage, leaving it creamy and smooth.
Himalayan Salt contains 84 naturally occurring minerals and elements which makes it perfect for assisting healing and providing better health. The body absorbs the minerals as the stones glide over the body helping to balance skin conditions and supporting a healthy immune system. Massage naturally helps the body detox by increasing blood and lymph flow, but using the heated Salt Stones increases this detoxification process, ridding the body of pollutants.
Himalayan Salt Stone Massage
Healers have been using Salt Stones to maintain optimal health for thousands of years. More recently, massage therapists started using them in a spa setting because of the enhanced health benefits and therapeutic results. A hot Himalayan Salt Stone Massage provides the healing of the mind, body, and spirit.
When heated, Himalayan Salt Stones emit negative ions dispelling the environmental energetic pollution of computers, cell phones, TVs, microwaves, and positively charged free radicals which can add to chronic inflammation in the body. A massage with Himalayan Salt Stones helps clear the body’s electromagnetic field, realigning natural energy flow and restoring the balance of the nervous system.
Himalayan Salt is prized for its unique flavor and high quality. It is mined in the Punjab region salt range of Pakistan from an ancient seabed high in the Himalayan mountains where it has been protected from pollutants and impurities. This unrefined salt has natural antimicrobial and antibacterial properties making it an excellent choice for those seeking to improve their overall health and well-being. Incorporating all the natural power and healing benefits of Himalayan Salt into a massage is sure to delight all who experience it.
-The Benefits of Himalayan salt
You may already know about its culinary and air-purifying benefits. But did you know that it is becoming increasingly popular for massage treatment because of its amazing benefits?
Below are a few benefits of a spa-grade Himalayan Salt Stone Massage:
- Balances the autonomic and peripheral nervous systems
- Provides deep relaxation
- Gently exfoliates the skin
- Improves circulation
- Supplies immune support
- Helps to reduce symptoms of autoimmune conditions
- Contributes to a sense of wellbeing
- Treats insomnia
- Enhances detoxification
- Reduces inflammation
- Relieves muscle pain and tension
- Relaxes the mind and spirit
- Promotes a healthy respiratory system
- Supports the sinuses
- Boosts bone health
– How Does It Work?
The Himalayan Salt Stone Massage is a gentle therapy that is individually tailored to your needs. This type of massage is very similar to traditional Hot Stone Massage, but therapists use heated stones made from pure Himalayan Salt instead of basalt stones to soothe tense muscles.
Additionally, these stones provide a host of important minerals, hint elements, and ions enhancing normal fitness and well-being. If you are looking for an effective way to treat yourself, this remedy may be just what you need!
Himalayan Salt crystals contain 84 important trace minerals, electrolytes, and elements. We have included an explanation of a few that are involved in important day-to-day physical activity and well-being:
- Aluminum – significantly improves enzymatic functions that protect food by forming a protective shield against infection and contamination.
- Arsenic – generally used as a tonic and painkiller in herbal formulas that can improve nervous system function.
- Boron – has anti-inflammatory effects that help relieve arthritis and improve brain function. Also used to treat various types of cancer.
- Calcium – assists to build and maintain strong bones. The heart, muscles, and nerves also need calcium to function properly.
- Carbon – is the main component of almost everything, including sugars, proteins, fats, DNA, and muscle tissue. It is the basic building block of the body.
- Chloride – the necessary component of HCl acid, which aids stomach digestion and maintains the body’s pH balance.
- Chromium – improves insulin sensitivity, protein, carbohydrate, lipid metabolism, and energy production.
- Cobalt – a component of vitamin B12, helps form red blood cells and release energy from the food you eat.
- Copper – assists nervous system function, energy production, collagen formation, and hemoglobin synthesis and it is an antioxidant.
- Fluoride – keeps teeth strong and reduces cavities. It also improves bone health.
- Germanium – therapeutic attributes include immune enhancement, oxygenation, free radical scavenging, analgesia, and elimination of heavy metals.
- Iodine – regulates healthy thyroid function, cellular oxidation, and normal metabolism.
- Iron – a mineral necessary for the growth and development of the body and for producing hemoglobin.
- Lithium – works as a mood stabilizer.
- Magnesium – relaxes the muscles and mind. It is an essential nutrient for the heart as well.
- Manganese – helps the body form connective tissue, bones, blood clotting factors, and sex hormones.
- Molybdenum – metabolizes carbohydrates and detoxifies toxic sulfites from the body.
- Nickel – is essential for the proper functioning of the human body, as it increases hormonal activity and is involved in lipid metabolism.
- Nitrogen – helps protein synthesis, amino acids that affect growth, hormones, brain function, and the immune system.
- Oxygen – a gas your body needs to function properly. It helps cells to produce energy.
- Phosphorus – is needed for the production of RNA and DNA in the body along with the growth, maintenance, and repair of all tissues and cells.
- Selenium – an essential component of various enzymes and proteins. They help make DNA and protect against cell damage and infections. Also involved in the reproduction and metabolism of thyroid hormones
- Silicon – nourishes the skin, hair, and nails. Helps to form tendons and ligaments in the body.
- Sodium – Helps maintain the proper balance of vitamins and minerals in the body as well as nerve impulse conduction and the contraction and relaxation of muscles.
- Sulfur – is crucial for functions in the body such as making proteins, regulating gene expression, building and repairing DNA, and helping the body metabolize food. It helps maintain the integrity of connective tissue such as skin, tendons, and ligaments.
- Zinc –a major player in the creation of DNA, growth of cells, building proteins, healing damaged tissue, and supporting a healthy immune system.
All types of salt are composed of sodium chloride and have varying nutrient content. Click here for more information.
-What Should I Expect During Treatment?
This Massage takes place in one of our beautifully designed and decorated treatment rooms. The lights in the treatment room are low and soft music can be heard. The table is warm and comfortable as you disrobe and climb under the sheets. This unique and specialized massage utilizes heated Salt of varying shapes and sizes to soothe and relax tension from sore muscles. Some stones will be placed on trigger points or along the spine, while others are used with the Safe Haven Signature Swedish Massage techniques to palpate the muscular tissue. The stones clear the body’s electromagnetic field of environmental pollutants, restoring the body’s natural energy flow and balancing the autonomic nervous system. Your skin will be gently exfoliated by the heated Himalayan Stones revealing smoother, softer skin. Your mind will be able to unravel the worries it normally contemplates. Your body will glean a multitude of health benefits increasing your overall sense of well-being. Your spirit will connect to the earth from which the stones are obtained, leaving you feeling carefree, energized, and ready to conquer your world once again!
This massage not only relieves pain and stress but also helps balance the body’s electromagnetic fields, encourages healthy blood sugar, and levels of blood pressure, and balances the central nervous system.
We are confident that while you enjoy this amazing Hot Himalayan Massage, you will unwind, relax, and be rejuvenated.
Hot Stone Massage
This treatment uses basalt stones, heated in water to perform the massage. The therapist uses these smooth, heated stones to warm and relax the muscles allowing for a deeper massage of the tissue. This therapeutic form of massage assists the therapist to work deeper into the muscle tissue more quickly, enhancing the relaxation of the client.
The different sizes of these beautiful stones make them perfect for specific massage strokes. Some are placed on the body while others are used to palpate the tissue. Many people who have experienced this type of massage are pleased with the healing results
-The Benefits of Hot Stone Massage
In addition to relaxation, a regular hot stone massage has many other benefits. Here’s what you can expect:
- Better blood circulation and lower blood pressure
- Helps to relieve muscular tension
- Ensures a deeper massage
- Helps to reduce symptoms of arthritis and fibromyalgia
- Improves flexibility
- May help to relieve depression and anxiety
- Relief of chronic pain; especially in the neck and back.
- Warms those who regularly feel cold
- Soothe the peripheral nervous system
- Grounds body energy
How Does It Work?
During this treatment, the therapist prepares heated basalt stones in hot water. Stones are often strategically placed in the middle of the back along the spine. Heated stones can be placed on the abdomen, feet, chest, face, and even toes and palms as needed. The placement of the stones can balance the body’s energy and help relieve pain in problem areas. It is believed that this originated from an ancient Chinese technique.
Before your massage, we will discuss your concerns and determine the best placement of the stones based on an assessment of your needs and physical condition.
What Happens During Treatment?
A Hot Stone Massage takes place in the tranquil ambiance of one of our treatment rooms. The lights are low and soft music is playing. The table is warm and comfortable as you disrobe and climb under the sheets. The massage utilizes heated, wet basalt stones of varying shapes and sizes to soothe and relax tension from sore muscles. The massage therapist will place the stones on trigger points while others are used the Safe Haven Signature Swedish Massage techniques to palpate the muscular tissue. The stones ground and balance the body’s energy, soothing the peripheral nervous system. Your therapist will use the stones throughout the entire massage leaving you feeling refreshed, energized, and confident once again.
Does a Hot Stone Massage produce the same results as a Himalayan Salt Stone Massage?
Warmed Himalayan Salt Stones emit negative ions to help dispel the electromagnetic pollution our bodies carry and restore the natural energy flow. What does that mean? In everyday life, the body absorbs and accumulates large amounts of electromagnetic radiation from cell phones, computers, TV, and microwaves, which can quickly cause inflammation. The wonderful salt neutralizes the positively charged radiation and balances the body’s electromagnetic field.
Himalayan salt stone massages are a truly unique experience. Similar to traditional stone massage which uses heated stones, Himalayan salt stones are also warmed providing a relaxing and rejuvenating effect. In addition, salt contains 84 different minerals that have many benefits. These include reducing stress, improving sleep quality, and detoxifying the body.
Traditional hot stones are smooth and do not contain the essential minerals found in Himalayan salt. Not only does this mean it has no benefits of replenishing and nourishing the skin, but it also means they don’t exfoliate the skin leaving it polished and silky to the touch.
Why Should I Try It?
Our lives are fast-paced and full of external stressors. It is important to provide yourself with self-care; time to unwind, relax and renew your strength and energy.
Why not try them both? They have wonderful therapeutic and health benefits. After experiencing both services, you can determine your preferred treatment with your favorite massage therapist at Safe Haven located in Springville, Utah.
At the Safe Haven Massage & Wellness Center in Springville, Utah, we treat our guests like family and provide the utmost care. The Salt Stone Massage is new to our Massage therapy service menu, so book your massage session and give it a try!
Note: The use of hot stones in a massage may have certain contraindications making it not a suitable treatment for everyone. If you have any further questions about these wonderful stone massages, we are happy to answer them. Contact us today for more information or to schedule an appointment.